How to Install Fonts on a Windows PC or Mac
1- Once downloaded, go to the file location. It will be a zip file for you to use.
2- Right click and select Extract all.
3- A new window will appear. Select where you want to extract your file to and then click on the extract icon.
4- Once extracted a new window will appear with your files. Click on the font folder.
5- Find the font file and double click on it.
6- A new window will appear. You will see the font. Click on the install icon. This will install the font to your PC.
7- you will know the font is installed as the install icon will be grayed out and you will no longer able to click on it.
8- To confirm that your font is installed, you can go to settings and select the font option. THen in the search bar type your font name.
9- If the font has installed correctly to the PC it will appear.
To install on a MAC
1- Find the location of your downloaded zip file.
2- Double click on the zip file. The file will automatically decompress by the archive utility into the same folder the compressed file was in.
3- Click on the font to open it.
4- Click on install font.
5- Your font is now installed onto your MAC
How to Uninstall Fonts on a Windows PC and Mac
Do you want to uninstall some fonts that you have downloaded from the Internet and installed in your Windows PC or Mac? If yes, this tutorial will help you uninstall fonts on a Windows PC and Mac. We have divided this tutorial in two parts. Part one will demonstrate the process of uninstalling fonts on a Windows PC. And, in Part Two we will let you know how to uninstall fonts on Mac.
Part One – How to Uninstall Fonts on a Windows PC
Perform the below steps to complete the task of uninstalling fonts on a Windows PC in an easy manner:
- Close all applications.
- Click the Start button and then select Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Personalization.
- Now, look for the Fonts option and once you find it, click it. You will see the Fonts window with all fonts you have installed in your Windows PC.
- Select the Font that you want to uninstall.
- Click the Delete button at top of the window. A confirmation dialog box will appear.
- Click the Yes button, as shown in the below screenshot:
- Repeat steps 5-7 to uninstall every font you want.
Note: In order to delete many fonts in one go, hold down the CTRL key when you select fonts. Once all the fonts are selected, follow steps 6-7 given herein above.
Part Two – How to Uninstall Fonts on Mac
Perform the below steps to easily uninstall fonts on Mac:
- Close all the application.
- In the Finder, select Go > Applications > Font Book. Font Book is an application in Mac that lets you install and manage fonts.
- In the Font Book application, you will see all fonts installed in your Mac.
- Select and right-click the font that you want to uninstall.
- Now, select Remove (font name) option. Remove option is followed by the name of the font you will be uninstalling.
- A confirmation message will appear. Click the Remove button and the selected font will be uninstalled from Mac.
- Repeat steps 4-6 to uninstall every font you want.
Note: If you feel that the selected font can be of your use later on then instead of selecting the Remove (font name) option select the Disable (font name) option. By doing this, the font will then be unavailable for use. And, when you need to use it back, you can enable it by following the same process, as demonstrated above. The only difference will be that this time you will have to select the Enable (font name) option.
Opening ZIP Files on Mac
1. The Download
When you first download the ZIP file from Design Bundles to your Mac, it will appear in your downloads folder (or another folder if you have specified a different folder in your browser).
To ‘Unzip’ the file you can either double click on it, or right click and go to ‘Open With’ followed by ‘Archive Utility’ which should be installed on your Mac by default.
3. The Unzipped Folder
After the unzipping process, you will notice a folder has been created, this folder contains all of the elements that were included in the ZIP folder.
4. Navigating the Folder
You can now navigate through the folders to find the elements you wish to use in your design and open them in the software you wish to use them in.
At this stage you can use the elements in your required software.